Íñigo GoiriI am a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Computer Science at Rutgers University with Ricardo Bianchini as a member of the DARK Lab.
I did my Ph.D. dissertation (Multifaceted Resource Management on Virtualized Providers) in the Department of Computer Architecture at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) with Jordi Guitart and Jordi Torres. I collaborated at the Barcelona Supercomputing Center as researcher staff in the Autonomic Systems and eBusiness platforms department.
I received my bachelor degree in computer science in the Universitat de Lleida in 2006 and my master degree at the UPC in 2008.
- Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, 2011.
- M.S. degree in Computer Science, Universitat Politécnica de Catalunya, 2008.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Universitat de Lleida, 2006.
Current researchMy current research work focuses on energy management in datacenters.
We are building Parasol, a micro-datacenter powered by solar panels.
- ApproxHadoop: Bringing Approximations to MapReduce Frameworks (ASPLOS 2015)
- CoolAir: Temperature- and Variation-Aware Management for Free-Cooled Datacenters (ASPLOS 2015)
- Designing and Managing Datacenters Powered by Renewable Energy (MICRO Top Picks 2014)
- Parasol and GreenSwitch: Managing Datacenters Powered by Renewable Energy (ASPLOS 2013) [Slides]